Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to my dad!!


Happy Birthday to one of my heroes!!!
Today is my dad's birthday and I want to wish him a very happy and blessed day!
Unfortunately, I live over 600 miles from my parents and will not be able to be with my dad on his special day.
However, he is in my heart and kept close to me each day this way.
There are several reasons why my dad is one of my heroes.
He has accomplished a lot in his life time so far.
He served his country, he overcame obstacles in his life that I know were hard for him, but the main reason he is my hero is that he (along with my mom) taught me to love others and to serve others as Christ did.
Through his example (and my mom's), they taught me the importance of helping people, standing up for what you think is right, and to work hard to always do the right thing.
I have always been a bit of a "spit fire" when it comes to what I believe and standing up for it. I can remember when I was back in elementary school and they were discussing the closing of my small little Washington School. I was so upset that I was ready to protest on the steps of the school.
Instead of telling me I was foolish, my parents were supportive (do you remember this mom and dad)?
I think this is why I don't hesitate now to protest at an abortion clinic, to work at a soup kitchen, or to flood my elected officials with my letters (let me tell you, Hillary Clinton probably was not happy when I moved to NY).
Growing up with a father like mine taught me that you can make mistakes, just learn from them (yes, you must turn off the electricity in the whole house before touching any electrical wires or you might black out the whole neighborhood), that family is important (we spent so much time with my grandparents and every Sunday morning after church at my Grandma Werline's eating doughnuts and my dad has always stood by me, no matter how much I did not deserve it, and he always stands by his siblings, wife, son, friends, etc.) , he has taught me to make a difference no matter how small it may be, to always believe in people especially when others don't, and to be yourself---others will like you that way.
Most of all, my dad (along with my mom) have given me a strong faith background. I cannot tell you what it means to me to have my parents and my family the same faith.
What a blessing!
I could go on and on, but he knows what he has taught me and knows the he has shaped me into being the person I am today (yes, he even has a hand in my radical views on life, even if he doesn't realize it).
Happy birthday Dad!
I love you more than you will know and you are one of my heroes!
Blessed be God Forever and God Bless my Dad forever!
JMJ
I will say my rosary today for you, Dad!

No comments:

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines Headline Animator