Thursday, October 30, 2008


I must apologize for not posting much during these times when encouraging others to Vote for Life is so important. I am determined that Satan has control of my computer or that my computer is Pro-Choice. Thankfully, I am able to use my husband's laptop today to post.
This is a time when all should be saying their novenas for Life and praying their rosaries for life.
I am blessed to have a good friend, Dan Kane who works for The Westchester Institute for Ethics & the Human Person.
Basically, the Institute is a Catholic Think Tank.
Dan emailed me yesterday with exciting news: Westchester Institute has released a paper that I think all of you will be interested in and I think is a must read. The paper is Westchester Institute White Paper on Conception.

The Westchester Institute for Ethics and the Human Person ed officially publish their inaugural White Paper – When Does Human Life Begin?– A Scientific Perspective authored by Senior Fellow Maureen Condic, Ph.D. This paper describes scientifically and logically that life begins and can only begin at the moment of conception with conception described as the moment the sperm cell enters the cell wall of the egg.

Not at heart beat, brain waves, implantation in the uterus, or any other arbitrary point in the continuum of human life.

The faithful Christian in general and Catholics in particular see no conflict between science and Faith because all truth stems from the One who referred to Himself as the “…the way, the truth and the life.” (Jn 14:6). The truth of the matter at hand, demonstrated in this paper, is that a human person, self-directing his life and development is present the moment the sperm penetrates the egg. For centuries, people of faith and people of good will have taken this fact on faith or on the “word of any medical text”. Here today, in one place are the details, laid out by a professional biologist ratifying scientifically a point we have always known by faith.

This of course, does not end the abortion discussion. It does, however, better define what we are discussing - that scientifically, this is and can only be a human life from the first instance of sperm and egg union.

The Westchester Institute is indeed proud to present this paper at no charge on our website at http://www.westchesterinstitute.net/

________________________
Daniel F. Kane
Institute Fellow & Special Assistant for Operations
The Westchester Institute for Ethics
& the Human Person
Cell: 770.335.0263
dkane@westchesterinstitute.net
http://www.westchesterinstitute.net/
I encourage you to read the paper and then let Dan know (his email is stated above) how you came across the paper (I would like to continue to show him that he can receive feedback from my blog ) and to give him and his colleagues support in their work for the Human Person through their Ethics work.


Here is another link to the Institute on an article written by Fr. Thomas titled Expect Obama to Sign FOCA int he first 100 days.

We must be constant with our prayers!
May God give you the strength and the grace to help fight this Culture of Death!
Blessed be God forever!!!!!!!
JMJ
Rosary!!!!

3 comments:

Kathleen Miller said...

Kim.

I am sorry to hear about your blogging problems.

Thank you for this post. I am looking forward to reading the article.

Also, I read on www.Spiritdaily.com today; to sprinkle Holy Water or Blessed Salt in the voting booth on Tuesday, and/or sprinkle it around the site of the voting site if you can.

God Bless!

Therese said...

I am praying right along side all of you.

I have also passed an award onto your blog. See my post friendship award at my blog.

Therese

Marie said...

Kimberly:)
I have had puter problems myself and put it down to my puter's being stupid! ;)

Glad to see you back and posting. Trust in God He is ALL Powerful but you KNOW that;).

Peace, JOY & Love to you:)

Marie xooxoxoxox ps Check out the photo on my blog.

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines Headline Animator