Saturday, June 14, 2008

Prayers for Elaine!

St. Peregrine



Please pray for Elaine who has recently been told she has breast cancer. She will have surgery on June 25th.
Please join me in praying for her and for all those who are sick especially those suffering with cancer.
St. Peregrine is the Patron Saint of Cancer Patients and he must be feeling like he is working over time lately with all the news about those being told they have cancer.
Let us all pray today for Elaine, Theresa, Melissa, little Ella, and all those who are sick by saying the rosary for them.
Our Lady will be more than happy to help us; we just need to call upon her.

A Prayer to St. Peregrine for One Suffering from Cancer


Dear St. Peregrine,
I need your help.
I feel so uncertain of my life right now.
This serious illness makes me long for a sign of God's love.
Help me to imitate your enduring faith when you faced the ugliness of cancer and surgery.
Allow me to trust the Lord the way you did in this moment of distress.
I want to be cured, but right now I ask God for the strength to bear the cross in my life.
I seek the power to proclaim God's presence in my life despite the hardship,anguish and fear I now experience.
O Glorious St. Peregrine, be an inspiration to me and petitioner of those needed
graces from our loving Father.

Amen.



Cancer is limited ...
It cannot cripple love, It cannot shatter hope, It cannot corrode faith, It cannot eat away peace, It cannot destroy confidence, It cannot shut out memories It cannot silence courage, It cannot invade the soul, It cannot reduce eternal life, It cannot quench the spirit, It cannot lessen the power of the Resurrection.
Here is the link to the American Cancer Society's information about breast cancer:
It seems appropriate at this time to encourage all women to do self-breast exams.
This is also the link on how to do self breast exams.
There are so many to pray for and so many things to ask God for; do not become discouraged. He is there to hear us and to help us.
Blessed be God Forever!

No comments:

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines Headline Animator